11.21.2012

Attitude of Gratitude #'s 16-20

NUMBER 16

Today, I'm grateful for my Patriarchal Blessing. Why? Because in it, it talks about my husband and children and the things we'll do in life. Which is helpful for days when I feel like I'm never getting married.

NUMBER 17

Today, I am grateful for my friend and old roommate, Caitlin Kunz. She invited me to a party at her work (Maurices), and said party included some sweet discounts. I ended up getting a pair of jeans that fits me PERFECTLY for $20!! Best.

NUMBER 18

Today, I am grateful for Christmasy things. I watched "The Polar Express", listened to some Christmas music, had some hot chocolate, cut up snowflakes for our window/apartment, and hung up Christmas lights. It was weird to be doing so, because normally I'm against anything Christmas until after Thanksgiving, and even then I don't actively participate until the week of Christmas. But it surprisingly felt really nice.

NUMBER 19

This might sound weird, but I'm grateful for one of my assignments in my Infant & Toddler Development class. This assignment is to go into the home of an infant/toddler and assess the child's development, and also observe his home setting. The child that my partner and I observed today was quite possibly one of the cutest toddlers I had ever seen. According to his mom, he was in "show-off mode", and the second we came inside he showed us his room, his mom's room, his bathroom, and his kitchen. SO. CUTE.

Also, since this child lived in Idaho Falls, and we showed up early, we got to go to Five Guys. Mmm.

NUMBER 20

Today, I'm grateful for sleep. I actually went to bed at a decent hour the night before, and woke up feeling...not necessarily well-rested, but more rested than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment