11.08.2012

Attitude of Gratitude #8

Today, I am grateful for my knowledge of life outside the Rexburg bubble.

Tonight, I went to see "The Perks of Being A Wallflower". Great movie...if you don't have an aversion to real-life situations. The rating "parents strongly cautioned" is there for a reason.

Anyway. There was a scene that involved a kiss between two men (and didn't progress further than that. I promise). The three girls in front of me all turned their heads, and the people behind me scoffed in disgust. Later on in the movie, I heard someone behind me say "what are we watching?" The only thing I have to say to those people is: "Yes. Those two men did just kiss. And yes. There is drug use. And finally, yes, there was mention of abuse of all forms. Get over it."

I know that I probably sound like the worst Mormon on this planet right now, for accepting the fact that those things were in this movie. However, I had heard about the book, so I knew what I was getting into the second I sat down in the super old chair at the not-dollar theater.

Sometimes, the naive people of this town worry me. What are they going to do when they graduate and leave Rexburg? If they ever do...

No comments:

Post a Comment