4.22.2011

Some Things On My Mind

This "blog entry" will be about things currently running through my head...

I have come to the realization that my blog is lacking that "pick a topic and rant for 5+ paragraphs" element. Most of the blogs I read/follow have that element. And I enjoy reading them. But for some reason I can't bring myself to write one. I'm not really one to rant about things (except in my journal, and even then its only around 3-5 lines). Unless something is REALLY bothering me. Then I could go on for a while. But if something is REALLY bothering me, chances are it will not end up on here for everyone to read, and instead will stay with me (and I guess my future posterity who will read my journal when I have passed...or whenever they want to, I guess).

Maybe its just me, but I find it weird how some people come back in your life after they've been gone for a while. This has happened to me a few times recently (I won't name names). Don't get me wrong, its...not necessarily great, but pleasant having them back in my life. But today I was wondering what exactly brought them back into my life. There's obviously a reason as to why they're back...I just wish I knew this reason. Having one of these people back in my life has been extremely awkward, no matter how much (or how little...) I enjoy them back in my life. Although, they kind of make it awkward in the first place with the things they say. Conversations that used to bring joy into my life whenever a new text/email was received from this person no longer have that effect on me--they're just another person in my life. As for the other people that have recently re-entered my life, we don't really talk much (which is a shame), but its good to have them back in my life.

Apparently one of my newest neighbors is a dog. Said dog enjoys barking at what seems to be nothing. This annoys me for one reason. Here is the reason: my roommate (her name is Kelsi :)) and I keep our window open sometimes during the day and I always like it open at night (she doesn't really :\). So I can hear this dog barking when the window is open (which is right now). Usually something so mundane wouldn't really bother me, but for some reason, today, this dog is bothering me (even though the barking has stopped--for now...) and I felt like telling you all.

Music. Oh how I love music. I read one of my friend's blogs from who-knows-how-long-ago about a 30-some-odd day music challenge (much like the 30 day photo challenge I did here). Instead of doing it in a span of 30 days, I'll do the list now. :)
  • day 01 - your favorite song. ... I don't know if I have a favorite-favorite song. I guess, if we go by play count on iTunes, we could say "Secrets" by OneRepublic is my favorite song (not really), because it has been played 140 times (due to listening to it on repeat for like a day straight or something like that). Right now the songs I most enjoy are "Something More" by Secondhand Serenade, "Young Forever" by The Ready Set, and "Friday is Forever" by We The Kings.
  • day 02 - your least favorite song. "Friday" by Rebecca Black. Hands down.
  • day 03 - a song that makes you happy. Oh geez. I don't even know. Basically all music I listen to makes me happy. If I had to pick just one, I'd probably say "Haven't Met You Yet" by Michael Buble. I guess in a way it gives me hope that there is someone out there for me. :P not that I'm worrying about it too much. But its still a song that makes me happy. :) 
  • day 04 - a song that makes you sad. "All We'd Ever Need" by Lady Antebellum. Not really sure why it makes me sad...maybe its cuz its talking about a breakup and breakups are always sad. Either way, it makes me sad. Sort of. Its the first song that came to mind when I thought "sad song".
  • day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone. Erm...I don't think there's a song that reminds me of someone. I guess "Whip My Hair" by Willow Smith reminds me of Nancy due to a lyric conversation we had once.
  • day 06 - a song that reminds of you of somewhere. "Get Low" by...I'm not sure who the artist is, but I'll just say 'its that one song that Sandra Bullock dances to in the woods in The Proposal'. Place that song reminds me of: DC!! Only newsies will understand.
  • day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event. "Barbie Girl" by Aqua. Last summer when my family was investigating suburbans for our drive to Nauvoo for a family reunion, my brother, sister and I were in my dad's truck while he and my mom were looking at a certain suburban. We commandeered the radio, and the station I turned it to was playing "Barbie Girl" (I know, on the radio??). So, we blasted the stereo and rolled all the windows down and danced like crazy. :)
  • day 08 - a song that you know all the words to. Basically every song in my iTunes library. Since there's almost 1000 songs in said library, I will not be writing all the titles. 
  • day 09 - a song that you can dance to. Once again, basically every song in my iTunes library. But two are probably "We Like to Party!" by the Vengaboys and "Boot Scootin' Boogie" by Brooks & Dunn. Thank you, stake dances and EFY. :)
  • day 10 - a song that makes you fall asleep. I can't fall asleep unless its completely silent. But one time I fell asleep to piano church music by Paul Cardall.
  • day 11 - a song from your favorite band. I don't have a favorite-favorite band. I listen to everything except screamo. So I'll just say the song I'm currently listening to, which is "Where Were You" by Every Avenue.
  • day 12 - a song from a band you hate. I don't necessarily hate a certain band. (random thought: that stupid dog is barking again). But a song I hate by a certain artist would basically be anything by Miley Cyrus.
  • day 13 - a song that is a guilty pleasure. ... um ... exactly why would I feel guilty for listening to a song? I guess if it went against everything I've ever been taught. But I don't listen to a song that goes against everything I've ever been taught. So, I guess there isn't a song for this "day".
  • day 14 - a song that no one would expect you to love. "The Everglow" by Mae. I heard it on one of the videos that my 11th grade Astronomy teacher made and instantly loved it. If anyone can tell me they've heard of that song, I'll give you 5 Kelsi points. :)
  • day 15 - a song that describes you. Oh dear. I don't think there is a song that describes me. If anyone can say a song that describes me, I'll give you 10 Kelsi points. :)
  • day 16 - a song that you used to love but now hate. I used to really like the 2007 "Hairspray" soundtrack. Now, not so much.
  • day 17 - a song that you hear often on the radio. I don't really listen to the radio. But a song I have heard a lot is "Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)" by Enrique Iglesias.
  • day 18 - a song that you wish you heard on the radio. "Operator" by The Ready Set. Its REALLY new, so I imagine it will get there. But it is truly amazing and deserves to be on the radio NOW. :)
  • day 19 - a song from your favorite album. I don't really have albums--just singles. In fact, the only complete albums I have are the scores from New Moon and Eclipse. 
  • day 20 - a song that you listen to when you’re angry. Um, thats basically whatever feels like popping up on my playlist. Usually whenever I'm angry I'm also sad, so I guess "Smile (Charlie Chaplin)" by the Glee Cast.
  • day 21 - a song that you listen to when you’re happy. Once again, that's basically whatever comes up on my playlist. Right now, it's "We R Who We R" by Ke$ha.
  • day 22 - a song that you listen to when you’re sad. See day 20.
  • day 23 - a song that you want to play at your wedding. "1, 2, 3, 4" by The Plain White T's is a good one. Or "Rhythm of Love" by the same band. 
  • day 24 - a song that you want to play at your funeral. Does anyone play music at funerals (besides musical numbers)? I guess a musical number I would want is Families Can Be Together Forever. Just to give my family some reassurance. :)
  • day 25 - a song that makes you laugh. "Black and Yellow" by Wiz Khalifa, only because of my old roommate Sienna and her fiance Robbie. :)
  • day 26 - a song that you can play on an instrument. "Book of Mormon Stories" on the piano.
  • day 27 - a song that you wish you could play. Um, a "Phantom of the Opera" song would be cool.
  • day 28 - a song that makes you feel guilty. Didn't we already discuss this? There isn't a song I feel guilty about. 
  • day 29 - a song from your childhood. "You'll Be In My Heart" by Phil Collins. Whenever this song came on the radio I would sing it. My Nana called it 'our song' :)
  • day 30 - your favorite song at this time last year. I guess "Airplanes" by BoB. I don't remember.
Feel free to look up the songs you don't recognize. Every song listed is pretty good. :) 

Nothing else is really on my mind. Except maybe what to snack on, because I'm hungry yet again. I don't know why I complain about being hungry all the time. It's gonna happen the rest of my life. At least, until my metabolism completely stops. But that's not for a REALLY long time--I hope. 

Easter is this weekend. My Nana invited me to her house in Pocatello for Easter Weekend. Unfortunately, I don't have a car. :( however, if someone that reads this (and lives in Rexburg) is heading in the general direction of Pocatello tonight or tomorrow (heck, I'll even take Sunday morning) and will be back Sunday night and is feeling super generous and wants to give me a ride :) please let me know. :)

Okay, I'm going to stop this post because now I'm just writing about stupid things that aren't really "blog-worthy." And because it really is LONG. Whoever has successfully read this whole thing is awarded 5 Kelsi points. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment