4.20.2011

New Semester Part 2

Part 2 of my new semester :)

Woke up at 7:30. Completely unnecessary, as I didn't get ready til around 9:00 ish. But I was awake anyway (stupid internal clock). Once I got ready I got my class materials ready for the day, and then made the long journey from my apartment to campus (it seems a lot longer than the commute I had to make from Mountain Pines...hmm). I arrived at my first class and played some more solitaire, farkle, and sudoku as there was still time before class started.

Class started. And guess what? The class I registered for is a second block class (it only takes place the second half of the semester). I felt like an idiot as I gathered my things up and left the class once the teacher had alphabetically passed my last name on the roll. While waiting for my 11:30 class, I waited in the infamous Nook and played on my computer. I would have read the new Jack Weyland book Saving Kristen, but the bookstore put up a sign saying students can't read the books before buying them (or not buying them, in my case). This means there really isn't any point in going to the Nook anymore. Sad times. But I thought it was better to go there than walk all the way home, just to walk all the way back about half an hour later.

I got to my Writing & Reasoning class ("it feels like a prison cell in here" <-- totally did, the room was so small) and loved it (even though its the first day and we didn't learn anything). Brother Stout (my teacher) is hilarious and seems like a really good teacher. During my introduction, somehow Twilight got brought up and I said I love anything that makes fun of it. At the end of class he said we would make fun of it. YES!! I'm excited for that haha

Then I went to my Book of Mormon class. The teacher is really funny and seems really nice, and I can tell I will get a lot from his lessons (which is awesome). During the usual "get to know you" game I've played in every single one of my classes, I totally met someone from Riverton (a first--I've seen people I know from Riverton, but never actually met someone from there). It was neat :) the only info I got from him, however, was his name and where he lives. But it was still cool nonetheless :)

And then I walked home (it's actually nice today!) and wrote this :) my plans for the evening? Homework, and hopefully the grocery store so I can buy food and live. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment