1.01.2011

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year, folks! May 2011 bring you all something pleasant that you will remember for the rest of your lives!

Since its a new year, I'm going to try really hard to write in my journal EVERY DAY. Yes, you read right. Every day. This is going to be a challenge for me. I was reading through my journal to look back on everything I did this year, and some months had as many as 10 entries to as little as one entry for the entire month! <-- Craziness. So, since I want to remember pretty much everything I do, I'm going to write one entry per day. Obviously some days will be easier to write about than others, but as long as I have something to look back on, I'm good. In June, I tried writing every day. Yeah that lasted for 14 days I believe. So, obviously this will be a challenge for me.

How did everyone ring in the new year? As for me, I watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail with my brother and my aunt. I had only seen the first half before, so this was the first time I've ever seen the whole thing. I think I was laughing more at my aunt's laughter than the movie. However, there were lots of funny parts in the movie. The MOST random ending though...and they didn't even get the Holy Grail! That, personally, was frustrating.

Then we watched ABC and NBC's New Years Eve broadcasts. Both had their pros and cons. Pros of ABC: NKOTBSB (New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys)!!! Their performance was amazing! Taio Cruz. Ke$ha (even though her performance was slightly disturbing). Dick Clark--he's such a sweetheart :) Cons of ABC: always cutting to the LA party, having Fergie say who she was, then throw it back to Ryan Seacrest in NYC. Their "street" announcer, Jenny. SO ANNOYING! Pros of NBC: Greyson Chance (even though he was trying too hard). Cons of NBC: wasn't really loud...I was consistently turning the volume up for NBC and turning it down for ABC. Something they should work on. Boring performers that no one cared about. Who wants to watch the performers of the Green Day musical they have on Broadway? Not me.

Eventually it was time for the countdown. Since we have a foreign exchange student from Spain (his name is Vicente), we decided to take part in one of the traditions they do for New Years over there, which is to put a grape in your mouth for each second of the countdown, starting at 12 seconds til midnight (so, 12 grapes in your mouth). I only got to seven before I gave up, for two reasons: the grapes were big, and I don't have a big mouth; and it was too fast for me.

After the countdown, me, my brother, my mom, my aunt, my sister, and Vicente did "shots" of sparkling cider. Essentially, we got Mormon drunk ;)

Then my brother thought it would be a good idea to play the basketball game he got for Christmas til FOUR IN THE MORNING! I'm staying in the room with the tv, so I had to stay up while he played. Not fun.

Well, I hope everyone had a good New Years, and, again, I hope 2011 brings joy into your life!

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment