10.24.2010

Utah Adventures (with Nancy)!

I was sitting in the gardens on campus and i saw a lampost surrounded by colorful trees and thought, "hey, that'd be a good picture."


I didn't think to use the zoom...

but there I did!
I went to Utah this weekend! :D I was in the car with Nancy and her boyfriend Trevor, which made it fun :) me and Nancy bought candy to eat on the car ride, and I ate a significant portion of Starbursts. We'll have to remember to get the five-pound bag next time ;) Nancy and I also had a contest to see who could eat a DumDum sucker the fastest without biting it (strictly licking). I won! It was awesome. Then we had a dance party to a Friday night mix that was playing on a radio station in Utah (98.3 to be exact). We decided that when we're roommates, we're going to put the radio station on our computer (you can listen online to just about any radio station these days) on Fridays and have dance parties in our room. Its gonna be great!

I took this picture, then thought it looked like the car was exploding. But its just the sun setting.

Sunset again :)

me and Nancy on the couch in the lobby of the hotel Trevor and his buddies were staying at

me and Nancy again...except she's trying to eat my face. Or she's yawning.

Nancy saw this lion in the lobby and HAD to take a picture. :) Its a pretty cool lion though.

"And here, our fabulous Nancy models 'The Lion', a fashion accessory that's all the rage this fall."

Then Nancy found a figurine playing the guitar.
The next day, I went to my friend Joe Wight's baptism! I'm so proud of him! Its been just over a year since he started taking the discussions in my family's home, and now he's baptized!
Then I went to the BYU vs Wyoming football game! It was a lot of fun, and BYU WON!! 25-20. The last five minutes were super intense, and almost my entire section was standing up cheering on the defensive team (which is a first for our section...usually everyone wants to sit down to watch the game). They had a halftime performance with their musical group "Vocalpoint" (male a'capella), and the cheerleaders and Cougarettes (dance team) danced with them. It was awesome! I want it to go on YouTube...or their website so I can watch it again and again :) another thing that was awesome was they were playing songs that are popular right now! They played "DJ Got Us Falling In Love", "Dynamite", "Animal", and more (but I, unfortunately cannot remember the name of). Oh and every time its a 3rd down at LaVell Edwards Stadium, they play some kind of rap song...which kind of gets annoying after a while, but its still fun. :)

This is me wearing my BYU football t-shirt :D

After the football game, my dad, my sister Megan and I (we were the ones that went to the game) went to a restaurant in Provo called Los Hermanos. Best. Mexican food. Ever. No restaurant can compare! I always get the significantly large meal, eat some of it, then save the rest for the next day. I encourage all to try Los Hermanos if they are ever in Provo, because it is so delicious and awesome! I wish I had pictures to put on here of the food. It is oh so delicious.
After Los Hermanos, I went to get my nails done. I have a terrible habit of biting my nails. Therefore, I got the nails to stop the biting. The lady I had got me a full set in about 45 minutes, which is surprising because every time I have ever gotten my nails done (putting them on for the first time, that is), it has always taken at least two hours. Maybe the reason it was only 45 minutes was because they were about to close and the lady wanted to go home...so next time I get them done I'll have to remember to go close to closing time ;)
After getting my nails done, my mom treated me to a pumpkin pie thing from McDonalds, and we watched Letters to Juliet. I love that movie!! I'm a sucker for a good chick flick.
I haven't left Utah yet, and I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of adventure with Nancy on the way back to Idaho. If there is, I'll be sure to post them.
Have a good day!

3 comments:

  1. this blog is not cooperating when it comes to the layout...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lion was bomb! The adventure home? Not quite the same lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. "There's exit seventeen,
    Kelsi's only eighteen,
    the white lines in the middle of the road are dashing.
    There's bushes on that hill,
    my name's not Bill,
    and the yellow line on my lefts side is very straight.
    Lex is eating all the starbursts,
    but we're finding all the pink ones first.
    The butterfingers, snickers and dumdums are getting lonely.
    Trevor's a big hunk,
    Oracio smells like a skunk,
    and now the song includes everyone in the truck"
    I was singing this all weekend lol we even made it into a rap at Frightmares.

    ReplyDelete