10.06.2010

My Weekly Adventure With Nancy

Nancy and I took an adventure to the BYU-Idaho Bookstore today, and we had LOTS of fun. But first, we went to the Kimball Building (Student Services Building) where she had to get tickets for something and I had to get quarters to do laundry. While in the Kimball, we had to fill up our water bottles with the best water on campus...

we call it "The Fountain of the Gods"
After filling our water bottles with the best water I have ever tasted (which is saying a lot considering I come from Riverton, UT where the water is thick enough to chew...), we walked to the Bookstore, and on the way we saw...
aren't they pretty? :)
We walked to the Bookstore which is where our true adventure began. We went a little picture happy while in the Bookstore...
a book called Brianna, My Brother, and the Blog by Jack Weyland (author of Charly).
Nancy found this book the first week of school, and read it in the Bookstore. I followed in her footsteps and also started reading it, and the copy that I picked up just happened to be signed by Jack Weyland himself!
Nancy wanted to show everyone how she reads her books in our little "nook" in the Bookstore :)

Nancy found a picture of the statues of Joseph and Emma with the Salt Lake LDS Temple in the background. Whoever this photographer is, s/he is amazing!!

I realize this picture is...a bit off. But, thats how Blogger decided to upload it, and I am not technologically capable of fixing that at the moment. If any of you know how to do this, feel free to tell me in a comment ;) Anyway, its a picture of the San Diego Temple. I want to get married there one day :)


They have the Glee version of "Don't Stop Believin'" at the Bookstore! Nancy and I are "gleeks"

They also have the Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl score :)

Aww how precious :)

The sticker on the box for this says its a cake topper...I may have to look into this when I get married :)

The Bookstore has flower bow things (they're all the rage these days) and they were the size of our face.

This is a real t-shirt at the Bookstore. All missionaries should wear this under their white button-up shirt ;)

Same rule applies for sister missionaries ;)

This is just awesome :) All males should own this t-shirt

If anyone feels the need to get me something for Christmas, ^^ is just an idea. :)

My mom went to BYU-Idaho back before dinosaurs roamed the Earth and they called it Ricks College...so, this is for you, mom--a little section for Ricks memorabilia. They even have the "Spirit of Ricks" t-shirt :D

A jacket that has Ricks College on it. Maybe I should get my mom this for Christmas...

Whoever arranged this is a genius :)

In 10 years (or so) I want to buy my daughter this shirt. If only it said "my mom WENT to BYU-Idaho"...

Nancy is holding a super spiral stack of Post-It Notes! Its pretty sweet :)

This picture is also a bit...off. My aunt Tamara is a big Jack Handey fan, and I saw this in the store and just had to take a picture of it. So, here's to you, Tamara :)

One day Nancy and I played this in our "nook" with some random guys (only to get their names) on a piece of paper we had. They turned out to be pretty funny :)

We used one of these pens to do the Mad Libs mentioned above...and then put it back when we were done :)

Nancy thinking about what to write with our special pen

EVERY WRITER'S HEAVEN!! (in case you can't tell what it is, its a wall of pens)

Colored duct tape!! I have an urge to make a wallet out of the purple one :)

We found some pretty crazy glasses in the store...

See?? BYU-Idaho does believe in fun!! :P

They have some major construction going on around campus, but this is the main area of danger. You can't really see it that well, but its A LOT of construction...

I just had to take a picture of it. To show it really is dangerous on campus ;)

Hahna is my roommate. She is getting married to a guy named Jacob Harris in December in the Oakland LDS Temple :) congrats Hahna!!!
So, that's my adventure with Nancy :) we've decided to make it a weekly thing.
May everyone have a splendid day!

2 comments:

  1. Geoff you have no idea. We're pretty much amazing, and now I'm craving the Gods water

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blog. It's so cute already, and I can't wait to read future posts. I love your special water fountain and your reading nook ;)

    Also, I absolutely adore those willow tree wedding cake toppers. I love love, and those are simply lovely!

    So excited to have another blog to follow and comment on. :) loves!

    ReplyDelete