9.17.2013

Second day of Fall Semester 2013

Woke up originally at about 4:30 due to the storm. (Yep. Rexburg has storms.) Went back to sleep until 6:00, where I showered, got dressed, and did my makeup and hair. I barely had enough time to eat a yogurt cup before my alarm telling me to leave for class went off at 7:30. Looks like I'll be waking up at 5:45 every day.


I'm really good at looking amazing on the first day(s) of classes. After that, I don't care, unless there's a hot guy in one of them (which, so far, there aren't). 

Walked to my first class (during which the wind screwed up my hair :( ), which was Editing. There were only three guys, and the only one who was attractive looked pretty short. Oh well. First off, my teacher sounds exactly like Phil Dunphy from "Modern Family". So I already like him. Then he's pretty hilarious. He gave us a quiz, and on one of the questions he said, "If anyone gets this right, I will pledge allegiance to every flag outside."


And there were several more than in my picture (apparently it's Constitution Day?). 

However, after I introduced myself to the class, he said, "I have something to say about your preposition use...but I won't." Looks like I need to brush up on my grammar :\ I hope this class won't make me feel like the most inadequate English major...

The teacher let class out half an hour early, so I walked over to the bookstore to read my assignment for Creative Writing since all of my books are currently being shipped. Read that (almost fell asleep), and I most likely will need to brush up on it again somehow before class tomorrow.

Then I went to my Children's Lit class. I'm pretty sure I was the only person who wasn't majoring in Early Childhood Ed or something of that area. Also there were only two guys. And I'm not sure how I feel about this class, because I will have to read SIXTY (yes, 6-0) books this semester. Granted, most of them are just 10 pages or so, but still. SIXTY. This prevents me from reading "Allegiant" when it comes out in October. No bueno. 

Then I came home, and now I shall eat food. Because I'm starving. I'm also contemplating a nap...I could barely keep my eyes open when reading my Creative Writing text and during Children's Lit.

All in all, I think this semester will be a good one, so long as I stay focused and manage my time wisely. And get enough sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment