9.16.2013

First day of Fall Semester 2013

Well. I woke up at 5:45 with ease, which was surprising since I have been training myself to wake up early for the past month to no avail. I ate my breakfast, did my makeup, curled my hair, got dressed (in a super cute "first day of school" outfit, obviously), and then read a book before I left for class at 7:15.


Everyday is plaid day at BYUI. Seriously. So many people were wearing plaid. In my Creative Writing class, I sat next to a girl who was wearing it, who was sitting next to a guy wearing it. Anyway. Am I not adorable?

I went to my first class (the first portion of Doctrine and Covenants). If the teacher is always as energetic as he was today, I will never fall asleep. He has a 5.0 rating on ratemyprofessors.com (which is basically unheard of), so I'm excited to see if he lives up to the rating. 

My second class (Fundamentals of Research and Presentation--try saying that five times fast) was significantly more low-key than my first. There are only 25 people in the class, and the teacher reminds me of Robin Williams (based on a voice he did in "Mrs. Doubtfire"...also sort of his face). I can already tell this class will be taking up a lot of my time, so this semester should be interesting based on that fact alone. However, it should help me open my eyes to what exactly I want to do in my editing career when I graduate, which is always a good thing.

My third and final class of the day (Creative Writing) will probably be my favorite based on the teacher. He is hilarious. Also, apparently he grew up in my hometown, so we spent about two minutes reminiscing about Riverton. He went to both my elementary and middle schools, which is slightly disturbing since he's 39. I'm really excited about this class, because I want to be a better writer in order to be a better editor. My teacher shared a quote from F. Scott Fitzgerald that I loved: "You don't write because you want to say something; you write because you have something to say."

I came home at 11:15 (the one and only perk of having 7:45 classes) and finished my book...which was a bad idea because now I have to wait until October 22 to read the third one...grr. Then I went to the bank, paid some rent, paid my car payment, and got a book for one of my classes (unfortunately it isn't the one I need for tonight's homework). 

All in all, it was a relatively good day, and I'm hoping tomorrow is the same. Only time will tell.

Also, I live in the Smith this semester.
Here is proof:


Should be an interesting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment