4.22.2013

First day of school!

This is me on my first day of my fifth semester of college. Crazy. According to the world, I should be done in three semesters. Unfortunately, it's taking me a lot longer than the eight semesters everyone else does. 

Anyway. Today was actually a really great day. I woke up at 7 AM, which ended up being the dumbest thing to do since my first class isn't until 11:30 on MWFs. I ate breakfast, watched two episodes of "Community", did a little cleaning, talked to some friends for a bit and emailed my friend who is on his mission before I even considered getting ready for school. Then I did my makeup, hair, and got dressed. Still had time to sit around and do nothing before I left for campus at 11:30. Today it was CRAZY windy. Welcome to Rexburg, though. I'm just glad my hair didn't get too out of place. 

It only took me 15 minutes to get to my class, so while I was waiting I played Solitaire and Farkle on my phone. Then it was time for class. It's a Shakespeare class and its with a teacher I've really enjoyed in the past. I can tell I'm going to enjoy both of my classes from him this semester. Thoughts on this class: A) If you don't know how to spell "Shakespeare", you should not be taking a Shakespeare class. B) If you don't know how to read, you shouldn't be taking a Shakespeare class. C) It's going to be a lot of reading and writing. But that's kind of what I signed up for when I said I wanted to be an English major. 

Then it was time for my next class. Since it was in the same classroom (with the same teacher), I didn't have to move an inch. Glorious. This next class is a Literary Interpretation class. In it we study how to analyze literature. I've already taken it, and almost failed. Since I needed to get a C- for it to count towards graduation, I have to retake it. So at least I know what to expect this semester, right? This class will also be a lot of reading and writing. 

After that class, I walked down to the bookstore thinking I'd be able to get the notecards required for both classes. HA. There were lines that stretched across the store. So I'll have to use the remaining ones from last semester and make a trip to Walmart very soon (I need some food anyway). I then got my traditional Orange Sunrise smoothie from Freshens (the smoothie place on campus). SO. GOOD. If I had the money, I'd get one every day. 

All in all, MWFs should be fairly easy for me. I just have to buckle down and get all of the homework done when I get home from class, when I get home from work, and possibly even the morning of. As well as magically make time to get homework for TRs classes done and go to the gym. 

I can do this. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment