1.01.2012

Only 11 months and 20 days until we die.

Just kidding. I don't believe that's true. But it is fun to make fun of it. :)

I just found this on a blog, and I really love it.

"Today is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one."

I love that! Even though it's supposed to say "366-page" since this year is a leap year.

Some things I'm doing this year: 
  • I'm still going to write in my journal every day. Not an entire page for one day, though. I'm just going to write everything I want to write that day. If its more than one page, that's great. If its less than one page, that's still great. It doesn't matter how much I write, as long as I write. Right? :P
  • I'm going to *attempt* to do that 365 Challenge, where you take a picture every day. We'll see how well that works out.
Some resolutions I want to work on this year:
  • Eat healthier.
  • Exercise more.
  • Read scriptures daily.
  • Pray morning and night.
  • Pick 3 of my favorite temples (that I've been in), buy pictures of them, hang them in my room, and put up a sign next to them that says "I WILL get married here someday." Or something to that effect.
  • Take off my makeup at night so I can stop having massive breakouts...along with this, wash my face morning and night.
  • Keep my room clean.
  • Keep reading Harry Potter (I want to finish the series before the end of the year).
In Relief Society today, our lesson was on how George Albert Smith made a "personal creed" for himself. Our teacher had us make a personal creed of our own. Here are the things I wrote down:
  • I will always keep the commandments of my Heavenly Father.
  • I will always be worthy to enter the temple.
  • I will always pay a full tithe.
  • I will always try to keep my gift of faith as mentioned in my Patriarchal Blessing.
  • I will always trust God's judgment, and know that whatever happens is part of His plan for me.
  • I will always make a conscientious effort to read my scriptures and pray daily.
  • I will start preparing now to serve a mission, even if I ultimately end up deciding not to go.
  • I will think of others before myself.
  • I will always be grateful for the things I receive, and express that gratitude as often as possible.
And last, but certainly not least, here is a list of things I want to happen in 2012:
  • Make enough money for school so I won't need a loan.
  • Get a job in Rexburg/Idaho Falls.
  • Get all A's and B's (more A's than B's) in school.
  • Figure out my minor/cluster and not change it ever again.
  • Have enough money for fall semester.
  • Babysit Benson Schmalle at least three times (if not more).
  • Find a way to do something for my birthday, not just sit in my apartment.
  • Buy a second lens for Sheldon (this isn't exactly important, but I'd like it to happen).
Happy New Year, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. sounds amazing. this year is going to be awesome. you better believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is this year going to be awesome?

    ReplyDelete