2.28.2011

My Life in the Past Week

Hola! Here's what I've been up to this past week:

February 21: I almost left my apartment to take pictures. Almost. But, I couldn't think of anything that I could take a picture of, since everything is covered in snow.

February 22: I didn't babysit Benson :( I have to say I missed him, but I enjoyed sleeping in :) Glee was AMAZING! Loved it! Probably one of the best episodes of the season. I "helped" Nancy babysit her nieces and nephew (more like just watched the baby play with stuff). After the kids left, Nancy, Trevor (her fiance) and I watched New in Town. I'd seen it before and didn't think it was that great, but this time around it was pretty funny.

February 23: Thanks to clean checks, this day was super productive. I did my "job" (dishes, counters and trash), I finally folded my laundry and put it away, vacuumed my room, made my bed...its just lovely to have a clean room. It sucks that I didn't feel that way at home :\ *little background story for you readers*: I take my iPod to church with me to take notes (its easier to carry than my church notebook). *end background story*. I transferred some of my church/devo notes from my iPod to my church notebook. It was good to look back on things I found interesting/important. Near the end of the day, my FHE brother Ron came over to watch a movie for a class on his computer (his internet sucks, my internet wins). After the movie, I helped Nancy play around with wedding invite styles online (just for fun). And it really was fun :) during that, I tried on my bridesmaid dress for her (the other half finally showed up). Then we watched Tuesday's Glee. Again. Haha

February 24: I babysat Benson. Apparently, one of the cousins they were visiting had pneumonia, and said cousin's parents didn't think it was contagious. O_o so Benson got a cold. And slept most of the day (which was marvelous). But when he wasn't sleeping he was either calm or his same energetic self. After that I vegged in my apartment. Woo.

February 25: Nancy went to a clothes swap thing on campus and got a dress. It was too big for her, so she gave it to me :) its a summery dress, so I have to wait for the snow to melt before I can wear it. Dear snow, please melt. Soon. Thanks :) 

I went on a date with my FHE brother, Ron. It was so much fun! Up here at good 'ol BYU-Idaho, they have this thing called pond skimming, where you either ski or snowboard (some people even sledded) down a hill of snow and skim over a pond of water. So we went and watched that for about...45 minutes. We stayed long enough to watch our FHE sister, Paige, go down. After that, we went to his apartment and had hot chocolate (from a hot chocolate maker) and dinner with his roommate Tyson and Tyson's fiancee. Both the ho-cho and dinner were delicious. After that, we watched Julian Smith videos (he's amazing, by the way. Watch all his videos :)) while waiting for someone to bring over a movie. Then their not-roommate (he sleeps next door, but practically lives with them) then came over, and we discovered he likes Gabriel Iglesias (I LOVE Gabriel Iglesias). So we decided we would watch the DVD that I have. Just as we were getting ready to go get it, the people brought the movie over. Sad day. So we watched the movie (Megamind). It was pretty funny :) after Megamind we watched half of a different Gabriel Iglesias DVD.

On a more somber note, Party McWeber passed away. We're guessing s/he (we thought it was a he, but then we thought it was a she. Now I just call it an it) couldn't stand living without its brother, Chuck, who passed away last Wednesday. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of Party :( he was a goldfish, though, so just use your imagination :)

February 26: I went to a relief society conference thing. Sister Julie B. Beck (General Relief Society President) was there. It was mainly a Q&A, but the questions were really good. And Sister Beck had amazing answers to all the questions, most of them with a scripture or two. After that, I didn't really do anything. :(

February 27: Stake conference was...meh. They reorganized the stake presidency, and therefore the new stake presidency and their wives were invited to share their testimonies. Nancy and I applied the phrase "with my eternal companion" to almost every sentence of every testimony. It was quite hilarious. And, then I fell asleep (which I feel terrible for).

After stake conference, I vegged in my room for a while, made some Tuna Helper for lunch. Then I took a two hour nap (which was amazing). Then I watched some basketball game with Trevor (he was here). It looked like it was old, but I think it was a new one. After that, I watched the Academy Awards! I love watching the Academy Awards, especially this year because I saw most of the movies that were nominated. James Franco and Anne Hathaway were pretty good hosts, not gonna lie. I was shocked that The King's Speech won "Best Picture"...I thought for sure that Inception, The Social Network, or Black Swan would have won. After the awards, I ate dinner, and then Sienna and I watched The Blind Side. Such a good movie!

And that is what I've been up to in the past week. Have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to your invitation, I will have a good day, thank you.
    I love seeing you put your week on here. its like..yeah i live with you but it makes me laugh to see the way you write things.
    HAKAS!
    uh...HAKBS!
    this is a yearbook signing thing right? sorry that was dumb. i dont really know what i'm writing but it just sounded like something someone would write in a yearbook so i wrote that kick butt summer thing..just ignore it.
    why am i explaining myself to you? you know i'm weird.
    ok i'm going to stop typing now.
    ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I bring laughter to you. :)

    ReplyDelete