4.17.2012

First day of school! First day of school!

Today was the first day of school of this new semester at BYU-Idaho. And it was good...until I got to my last class of the day. But I'll get to that later.

I woke up at 6:00. Yes. 6:00. But it was all good because I was able to shower, do my hair, get ready, eat breakfast, etc. and still leave for class on time.

My Young Adult Literature class is going to be one of my favorite classes of the semester. I can already tell. Even though we're reading books that don't really sound interesting, I can still tell I will learn a lot about YA Lit and that I will develop a greater love for books. Plus my teacher briefly discussed Harry Potter (in a good way) and Twilight (in a less good way).

Then I went to my Grammar class. This class is with a teacher I have previously had, and he is still as hilarious as I remember. And I can also tell I will learn a lot about grammar...which is good...because I don't know a lot of the technical terms in the English world.

And then comes the bad part of the day...I went to my Fundamentals of Literary Interpretation class. The teacher seems really nice...but really strict at the same time. And it was a little confusing when she was explaining what she required of us. And there's a HUGE load of work all the time. She is one of those teachers that believe in the whole "every hour you're in class you should do two hours of homework"...that class is 90 minutes long. Which equals 3 hours of homework every night. Which is looking to be more homework than both of my classes today. Combined. So...there's a chance this class may no longer be one of my classes.

But I'm not doing that until I know for sure I won't want to drop any of my classes I'll be in tomorrow.

After class, I came home and ate lunch. Then I went to Devo and was told to get married. Of course.

And then I went to Paul Mitchell with my best friend Nancy. She will be going to school there in July, and since she took a tour of the school, she got coupons for free scalp treatments. It was one of the best hours of my life. The scalp massage was amazing, and my hair now smells delicious.

Then we went on a wild adventure trying to find slacks for my job interview tomorrow (which I will write about tomorrow). We went to Walmart, Maurices, Kmart, and this place called Bealls (pronounced 'Bells'). Walmart didn't have any, neither did Kmart. Maurices had some, but they were all over $30, and I'm poor, and $30 is way too much for a pair of pants. But I was able to find some slacks for a reasonable price at Bealls, and now I am prepared for this interview (and hopefully more interviews to come).

Then we went to Little Caesars and got dinner, and then we went back to my apartment and watched Glee, New Girl, and Raising Hope. And it was good. Then we watched an episode of Friends, and then she went home.

And now I'm sort of working on homework, although I'm pretty sure I will be going to bed soon.

Stay tuned for the post about tomorrow's classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment