10.23.2011

Writing sprint.

There's this guy. His name is Dan Bergstein. He's the author of the Blogging Twilight blogs I've mentioned before. Anyway. Occasionally he posts about doing these writing sprints, where you turn off your computer, phone, other electronics, (basically get away from any distraction) and you do nothing but write for a certain amount of time. Usually its an hour. Today he posted about starting one, and I decided to finally do it because I had the time and because I wanted to work on my story some more.

So, I wrote.

And wrote.

And wrote.

I set an alarm to go off after the hour...it never went off. When I went back to look, it turns out I set an alarm for 7:00 next Sunday, instead of 8:00 today. However, it had been just over an hour when I checked.

Anyway. I typed up what I wrote (I'm a crazy person and write my story, then type it up. Usually I add something while I'm typing.) and the total came to 1,154! I wrote over a thousand words in an hour! Sometimes it takes me much longer to get that far.

I'm not done with the chapter that I started with this writing sprint, but the continuation of said chapter will have to wait until another time. My creative juices flowed for that hour, and for that hour only. And, my hand hurts.

However, I'm very proud of myself, and am hoping I can participate in many more writing sprints, because this one was really fun. If any of you followers (or people from Facebook reading this) are writers, I encourage you to hold your own writing sprint. Or add Dan Bergstein as a friend on Facebook and know when he does his. :)

2 comments:

  1. yay!! Whenever i see those writing sprints, i wonder what's going on in your story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, nothing interesting is going on in my story. I had an idea for the ending (which I'm nowhere near), but decided it would be too cruel to the characters. Plus, that ending would require lots more writing...so it wouldn't really be an ending. Haha

    ReplyDelete