5.29.2011

Rant.

EVERY state has bad drivers. Utah has them, Idaho has them, I'm pretty sure even Kentucky has them. A friend of mine tried to convince me that Idaho drivers were better than Utah's because he "couldn't count how many times he has gotten in a crash with a no-blinker-user from Utah." I retorted and said I couldn't count how many times I had almost been hit by an Idaho driver while crossing the street because Idaho drivers simply refuse to stop for pedestrians.

Many have heard stories that Utah drivers are the worst drivers in the country. I won't say they are the worst, but I will admit that there are things to be improved upon. Heck, I know there are things about MY driving I could improve upon. 

Every state has different drivers' education programs with different methods of teaching, different laws and different "habits", so to speak.

If you grew up in Idaho (or Utah or Kentucky), said state isn't the best place on Earth. And when someone brings up a fact about your state that goes against your beliefs, that does NOT give you the right to act like a complete jerk and make the person you're talking to feel like crap.

Needless to say, I'm glad his mom and my mom have been in a disagreement for the past who-knows-how-many-years, because this means I don't have to see him for a very long time.

And, to the jerk I was talking to? Thank you for making my day SO much better. I was having a crappy day, but your remarks made it one of the best days of my life.

To everyone else, have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment