12.31.2013

My goals for the year of 2013

Where has this year gone? Did 2013 even happen? ... Seriously, though. This year went by so fast. It's crazy that it's already New Year's Eve. Even crazier, it will be 2014 in 5 hours and 45 minutes.

At the beginning of this year, I made some goals for myself instead of resolutions, because nobody keeps their resolutions for more than a week or two past the new year, but people tend to stick with goals. So, here are the goals I set for this year:

  • Get to a better place spiritually
    • Meaning reading my scriptures more often and going to the temple more often and paying more attention in church.
    • I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this goal. I don't really think I improved upon my scripture reading, and I'm fairly certain I can count on one hand the amount of times I went to the temple. As for paying more attention in church, I think I did fairly well, but that's just me. An added thing would be personal prayer, and like the scripture reading, I don't think I improved upon the amount I regularly do. 
  • Get relatively good grades
    • Nothing lower than a C at any given point in the semester.
    • FALSE. There were times where I wasn't sure if I would pass the class at the end of the semester. Ultimately I did with C-'s, but that's still lower than a C. 
  • Get to a better place emotionally
    • No more wallowing in self-pity or going to the Internet when I'm depressed. Just be happier.
    • In March, I decided I needed professional help. At the beginning of the following semester (because that's the earliest they would take appointments), I went to the counseling center on campus. My counselor helped me SO much, and I will forever be grateful that I was placed with her. Currently I feel happier than I have in a long time, and very rarely do I get depressed.
  • Get to a better place physically
    • 150 lbs, size 7 waistline, only eat Domino's 3x a week, cut back my intake of Diet Pepsi, exercise 3x a week, take off my makeup every night and wash my face.
    • NOPE. I haven't weighed myself in a while (for good reason), but I think I'm around 165 lbs, and am currently somewhere between a size 9 and 11 in pants, depending on the brand. I ate Domino's so much its not even funny, and I'm pretty sure Diet Pepsi is still flowing through my veins more than blood. However, I have been attempting to not drink caffeine as much ... better late than never, right?
  • Go on at least 5 dates during the calendar year
    • Preferably 3 dates every semester/summer break, actually talk to guys, and always try to have a smile on my face.
    • I don't remember exactly how many dates I went on during the winter (I think maybe one or two), I went on SEVEN during the spring, and two or three during the fall. However, I am currently in a relationship, and we've been dating for almost a month now. :) And I'm pretty sure I'm smiling more than I did in the past, which is pretty fantastic.
So, that's how I did. I think I did fairly well, and there was actually another goal I wanted to work on (which is very private) and I have made great progress with it. There is still much improvement to be made, but you have to start somewhere. :)

Also, at the end of my 2013 goals post, I said I was going to write down good things that happened to me on pieces of paper and stick them into a jar. I made it to April before I stopped doing it. But I'm excited to get back home (I'm currently on vacation with my boyfriend and his family) and open the jar and look at the good things that happened to me over the course of January through April. :) I'm going to attempt to do it again this year, and hopefully I can make it past four months. 

Soon to come: my goals for 2014. I haven't really given it much thought yet...I've been preoccupied with my vacation. But it will be on here soon ... even though no one reads this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment