11.03.2011

I made this on Wednesday.


I can't take credit for the pictures. They come from the blog I found this recipe at.

Anyway. I stumbled upon the above picture of these brownies a while back and wished I was able to make them. I stumbled upon the pics again on Wednesday, and became determined to make them.

A simple search of "chocolate chip cookie oreo brownie" on Google led me to the blog with the recipe (which turned out to be the blog that had the pics I originally found! Hooray!)

I made them before work, cooked them while I was at work (had Mom take them out of the oven for me), and ate them as dessert after work.

I want all seven of you regular readers to know how to make these, so here you go!

Things you will need:
  • Chocolate chip cookie dough (store bought or handmade, whichever you want). 
  • Brownie mix (again, store bought or handmade).
  • Oreos (Double Stuf, regular, your favorite flavor, etc.)
  • 9x13 pan
  • Wax paper (optional)
  • Cooking spray (not optional)
  • Oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees
1. Make chocolate chip cookie dough. This time I just bought pre-made dough at the store because it was easier. And who doesn't love an easier life?

2. Make brownie batter. You are more than welcome to use a secret family recipe, but again with the easier life thing: just use a box.

3. Line your 9x13 pan with wax paper. According to the creator of the blog, this is optional, but it makes it easier in getting the brownies out. In my one-time attempt, it wasn't. Wax paper was stuck to the bottom and sides of my brownies. Next time I make them I will try it without the wax paper. After you line your pan (or not), spray with cooking spray. I know you will want to do this if you don't use wax paper, because it most definitely will be a lot harder to get the brownies out if you don't.


4. Spread your chocolate chip cookie dough along the bottom of the pan.


5. Place Oreos on top of cookie dough (as shown above).


6. Pour brownie batter over Oreos. I'm an idiot when it comes to baking (and a lot of other times too) and poured the brownie batter before I put the Oreos in. If this happens to you, do not panic! You can simply push the Oreos until it hits the cookie dough, and then spread the brownie batter over the Oreos. I recommend just following the instructions. Its easier.

7. Put into the 350 degree oven for 45-55 minutes.


8. Enjoy that deliciousness. The lady put a scoop of ice cream on top of her double stack of brownies. I never did, but everyone knows vanilla ice cream is the perfect accessory to brownies. So y'all should try it. :)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Though I don't like brownies, those look DANG good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are delicious. I think you'd like them.

    ReplyDelete