8.02.2011

Thoughts on Day 2 of My Little Caesars Experience

I. Hate. Being. The. Only. Cashier. During. My. Shift. That is all. It is very stressful. However, I'm a pretty fast cashier and can get customers in and out pretty quickly. So its sort of all good.

A customer came in and ordered a pizza. On the boxes, we have a coupon for a free crazy bread. However, customers are not allowed to use the coupon from the box they just bought (they have to use it at their next visit). Most customers are understanding about this. This customer, however, was not. I told the customer this, and he asked "Well, what if I buy another pizza, then use this one?" and I said it doesn't work that way, it has to be at his next visit. He asked "So I wouldn't be able to use it if I walked out the door, came back in and ordered another pizza?" and I said no. During all of this I apologized a couple of times for the inconvenience. As he was leaving, he asked for my name. Right then and there I knew something was up. After I told him my name, he asked for my manager's name and a phone number he could reach said manager at. Knowing what he was going to do the second he walked out the door (call and complain about me), I rang him up for a second pizza and let him use the darn coupon. Can I just say I hate people like that? People who, if they don't get their way, they'll complain? I explained to the guy that I wasn't allowed to do what I ended up doing, and he still wanted to do it anyway. After explaining it again, he decides that he needs to complain about me to my manager. Jerk.

Besides that unfortunate experience with the customer and once again being the only cashier for the night, it was a pretty good day. I have work tomorrow (not there)...yippee.

No comments:

Post a Comment